Saturday 3 August 2013

Rhubarb chutney

As I mentioned yesterday, I picked some rhubarb the other day as I wanted to make rhubarb chutney. I found a recipe in a magazine while on holiday and it turned out to be very easy to make and very yummy to eat. Here's how:

1 red onion - sliced
2 dl rhubarb cut in small pieces
1 - 2 tbsp syrup
1-2 tbsp vinegar
1 Spanish pepper, de-seeded and chopped up finely
salt

Simmer all ingredients for about 10 mins. Stir now and again. Add salt, vinegar or syrup until the taste is to your satisfaction. 



We had this with pork shoulder, cooked on our bbq last night. Delicious!

With regard to my foot, I've been on the sofa all day today with my foot up high. The swelling is going down slowly but it's still fairly painful to walk. I'm taking tablets that Mr. M. purchased from the chemist's and put cream on morning and evening. Let's hope I can avoid a trip to the doctor's. 

Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment