Tuesday 20 August 2013

Beds 1 and 2

As I mentioned in my last post, I was deep in thought while watering last time. Are we happy with what we've achieved this year? Most definitely! Have we grown things we've managed to use fully? Not sure. We've definitely filled every bed and planted new things as soon as things have been picked but I'm not so sure that we've really grown vegetables to eat. More like, trying to find recipes for vegetables we've managed to grow. That's been fine this year but I'm not so sure I'd like to do that next year. Therefore I will spend some time thinking about each bed.


Beds 1 and 2. Late and early potatoes. We haven't picked the late ones yet but the early ones were delicious. Potatoes are definitely worth growing.



This is what the late potatoes look like at the moment. It's getting to be time to get them out I think. We haven't been very good at moving the soil up around the stems so unfortunately we have some green spuds on the surface. Something to think about next year.

Potatoes next year? Oh yes.

Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment