Monday 9 December 2013

Hungry

Today has been a really long day. By the time I got home it was dark and I then had to get to the post office before it closed to send off Christmas presents. What a rush! 

Luckily I didn't have to cook dinner tonight as Mr. M. had been busy making Cornish pasties. He had never made these before and they were absolutely delicious. They had just come out of the oven when I got home and the smell and sight of them made me very hungry indeed.


I wasn't the only hungry one today. While Mr. M. was busy cooking these he heard the chickens making a real racket. Fortunately they were in the run, as a fox was circling around the coop and run. Mr. M. ran outside and threw stones at the clearly hungry animal but it didn't take any notice. It wasn't until Mr. M. had run up to the chickens and shouted at the fox while waving a big stick at it that it ran off. Oh dear. Looks like the days when the chickens can wander around in the garden on their own are well and truly over. 

Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment